I’ve gotten really in to swimming recently, so here’s a collection of bits and pieces that I’ve found useful in swimming training.
Freestyle/Breastroke/Nado de pecho
1) Catch up
–every six kicks, pull with one arm. 123456 pull breathe
–single arm variation 123456 pull (left) breathe. 123456 pull (left) breathe.
2) Kicking on the side.
–1234 breathe to the side
— changing variation 123456 pull. change sides.
Practicing part 2 first
1.go down, push off from back, face up
2. go down, sitting position, push off, go onto side (kicking is ok)
3. go down, sitting position, push off, side, front, start swimming
2 somersaults in a row, feeling momentum, learning how not to come out of the somersault too quickly
Dry Land Exercises
1) straight leg kicks (hands under butt)
2) crunches in pilates 100 position
3) sit ups, but with pilates 100 position
4) side sit ups
5) toe touches
6) Lie face down. lift opposing arm and leg
9) yoga push ups: Downward dog. Plank. Cobra.
Apply coconut oil to hair. Wet hair. The hair will then absorb water, minimizing chlorine damage.